Invest isn’t even the proper word, as many photographers already include them in their package. We don’t do it just to nickel and dime our clients, but there are real benefits to taking these photos. Here are my top five reasons this is a necessary step in the wedding process
1. We, you the couple, and me, the photographer will have a chance to bond. Hopefully we have met before this, but it’s possible that this is the first time. We will learn each other’s personalities and preferences. We will learn how to communicate to get all the shots on your list.
2. An engagement shoot is great practice for your wedding. You’re going to have hundreds of photos taken of you at your wedding, it’s to your benefit to get comfortable in front of the camera, in a setting that is relaxed and low pressure.
3. Engagement photos can capture your personality. If you like to ski let’s get out there in the snow. If your dogs are members of your family, let’s get them in front of the camera and if you are homebodies, lets capture you in your element, your home.
4. A photo-shoot is a rare opportunity to dress up and have your photo taken. Most people don’t hire a photographer often, it’s fun to take advantage!
5. You may think your engagement photos will just sit on your computer, but if you hire a photographer who’s work you love and who’s personality you jive with, you will love the results! Engagement photos are perfect for save-the-dates. You can make them into an album and use it as the guest book. You could creatively display them at the wedding or use them as thank you cards for your shower or wedding. I hope your personality shines and you have an amazing engagement session experience and want to display them in your home for years to come. These are just a few of the many many ways you can use your photos.
Now that you know the why, let’s figure out the who! Contact me for a consultation.